Traveling Utility Tree Specialist
Location: Eugene, OH or Salt Lake City, UT or St. Louis, MO or Nashville, TN
Hourly Pay: Starting at $20/hr, no experience, plus full benefits
Tremendous growth opportunities - We promote within!
100% Employee-Owned (ESOP) Company
As a Utility Tree Specialist for Growth Solutions (a subsidiary of Rainbow Tree Company), your primary responsibility will be to provide herbicide and growth control treatments on trees located near powerlines. Our services produce predictable results that reduce pruning needs and improve tree health, transforming how the utility industry is caring for trees in the right-of-way.
Whether you have experience in forestry, utility vegetation management, or other outdoor applicator services, or are looking to start your green industry career, we will train anyone passionate about working outdoors for our 100% employee-owned company. We pay for training, and promote from within to advanced technician and supervisor roles. This is a full-time weekday position with overtime available, and the majority of the work will be performed within a 1 hour drive of Oklahoma City. Local or regional travel is expected with this role.
What You Will Do:
- Accurately and safely mix and apply herbicides and growth regulators according to company, state, and federal standards
- Geospatially record treated trees for reporting to our utility customers
- Communicate with and enroll homeowners in our service in a positive, professional manner
- High school diploma or a GED
- Current pesticide applicator’s license upon start (we will pay for test)
- Valid driver’s license and a commitment to safe driving
- Ability to work long days outdoors with possible overtime, in all terrain and inclement weather
- Ability to travel regionally, extensive at times
- Experience in forestry, vegetation management, tree care, landscaping, or utility work
- Leadership experience in work, school, or volunteer roles
- Demonstrated success in an independent work environment
- Finger dexterity to enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate tools and equipment
What We Offer:
- Employee Stock Option Program in our 100% Employee-Owned Company
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- 401K Contribution Option with Match
- Full Range of Benefits available, including Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability, & Life Insurance
- Advancement Opportunities – we promote from within!
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors in any weather element. May be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift objects; may be exposed to conditions including chemicals, the use of tools, and equipment. Safety precautions must be followed at all times, including the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and other safety equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds at any given time.
You Should Know:
Rainbow Tree Company (www.rainbowtreecompany.com) is 100% employee-owned, and our employees are the core of our success. We are values-based, work collaboratively, and foster teamwork through communication and integrity.
We are a multi-faceted company dedicated to serving clients around the world, transforming the way ecosystems are maintained. We lead with innovation and achieve predictable results through science-based practices, research, and training.
At Rainbow, we celebrate our differences and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected status.
Rainbow Tree Company was recognized in 2019 & 2021 as a Star-Tribune Top Workplace!
Back to Job Listings