Arborist Technician I
Location: College Station, TX.
How to Apply
Click on the link for Compass Group Careers and enter the keyword and location.
Keyword:SSC Location: 77843
About SSC at Texas A&M University
SSC has created a custom and comprehensive Grounds Management program to properly care for the grounds of Texas A&M University. Our program is crafted around enhancing TAMU’s 5,200 acres to create an outward image that accurately reflects the school’s high-quality educational environment. We aim to continuously look for improvements and upgrades of A&M’s grounds. We have designed sustainable techniques to safely improve the appearance of Texas A&M by minimizing water runoff and using environmentally friendly pesticides and lawn care products.
About the Position
This is a position that requires continuous supervision and involves performance of routine tasks associated with managing campus tree canopy as assigned by Arborist Supervisor. The focus of this job: diagnosing tree issues, formulating proper approach to address issue, and completing the work in a safe and professional manner under the supervision of the campus arborist. The Arborist Technician is highly visible and must always present professionally. This position requires compliance with all safety procedures as outlined by; SSC Service Solutions, The University, OSHA, ANSI, EPA, State and local agencies as they apply to Arboricultural Activities.
- Maintain strict compliance to all, safety and operational procedures, and company policies.
- Proper staging of work site to conduct work in a safe, surgical fashion.
- Maintain clean organized work site by rapid and thorough removal and disposal of debris.
- As need arises, act as spotter to manage safe work site by managing access by vehicles and pedestrians adjacent to work site.
- Work in adverse conditions after storms for emergencey response as required by contract including working in inclement conditions as long as weather is determined by management to be safe.
- Other tasks as assigned by Arborist Team Leader or Grounds Manager.
Extensive driving, walking and equipment operation. Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers, pollen producing environment, paint, and petroleum products. Working in elevated positions such as: bucket truck or in arborist gear within the tree canopy. Work time expectation, 90% of time will be physical labor, 10% training and misc.
One year experience in arboriculture. Exhibit the ability to perform arboricultural practices such as proper use of climbing harnesses hardware & ropes. Proper utilization of hand tools. Operation of equipment such as: stump grinders, chaninsaws, wood chippers, log splitters, and bucket trucks. High school diploma or equivalent. The ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs. and kneel/bend/stoop for extended periods of time.
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings