Residential Consulting Arborist
Location: Greater Twin Cities, Minnesota
Salary: $60k starting with limited experience, more depending on experience
What You Will Do:
- Maintain existing client relationships to retain and grow business through ongoing communication
- Cultivate opportunities within current client base and new clients
- Provide consultations to clients that include annual management plan recommendations
- Timely preparation and presentation of proposals to homeowners
- Manage accurate data input into our proprietary GIS System to ensure integrity of recommendations and tree inventories
- Communicate with production crews through written proposals to ensure that all work is understood and carried out according to expectations
- Attend weekly sales & science meetings with the Consulting team
- Occasional public speaking on the Rainbow Treecare brand and our services
As a Residential Consulting Arborist for Rainbow Treecare (a division of Rainbow Tree Company), your primary responsibility includes managing all aspects of Rainbow Treecare’s relationships with residential clients within a designated territory in the Twin Cities. This position is an integral part of our large team of consulting arborists. The ideal candidate will have experience educating, proposing, and closing sales to existing clients and cultivating new business opportunities.
You are knowledgeable and experienced with all aspects of tree and shrub care, including proper diagnosis, treatment protocols, hazard tree evaluation, integrated pest management, and industry-approved tree care practices. You will be responsible for estimating time and cost for crews and machinery to perform plant health care, tree removal, and pruning, as well as other Rainbow Treecare services. Plant Identification is also an important job function. Lastly, strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of organization is necessary to communicate, often to a group, proposals, our brand, and benefits to long-term tree management in a high-quality manner.
- Two-year degree in Urban Forestry or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of sales or customer experience
- Knowledge, expertise, and experience diagnosing regional tree/shrub problems
- Experience in client management through a customer database/CRM system
- Valid driver’s license and a commitment to safe driving
- Current ISA Certification or ability to obtain one within one year (we pay for test)
- BS in Urban Forestry or related field
- 5 plus years of sales or customer experience
- Strong MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Use of GIS or similar software for creating and managing plant inventories
What We Offer:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Full Range of Benefits including: Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Paid Certification & Re-Certification Fees for ISA Certified Arborist
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is performed outdoors in any weather element throughout urban and rural areas. May be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift objects; may be exposed to safety hazards and hazardous tools and equipment; during which safety precautions must be followed, including use of safety equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds at any given time.
You Should Know:
Rainbow Tree Company was founded in 1976 with a vision to preserve the historic American elm trees in Minnesota. We have evolved into a multi-faceted company dedicated to serving clients around the world, transforming the way ecosystems are maintained. We lead with innovation and achieve predictable results through science-based practices, research, and training.
Rainbow is a 100% employee-owned company, and our employees are the core of our success. We work collaboratively and foster teamwork through communication and integrity. We are guided by our core values in which we work and succeed.
At Rainbow, we celebrate our differences and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected status.
Rainbow Tree Company was recognized in 2019 & 2021 as a Top 150 Workplace in Minneapolis/St. Paul.
START YOUR APPLICATION
Back to Job Listings