Crew Foreman: Climbing Arborist
Location: Brainerd, Minnesota
Salary: 22.00-28.00 Per Hour
Mike’s Tree Company, located in Brainerd Minnesota, has been providing the Brainerd Lakes Area with professional tree services and care since 1995, and we take great pride in our work ethic and image. Not only do we provide tree services, such as pruning and tree removal, we also take pride on being a leader in tree health care in the Brainerd Lakes area. It is our mission to educate people on proper tree care practices to ensure the life and vitality of area trees.
The Crew Foreman is responsible daily for leading their team of crew members. Key priorities include setting up job sites, assessing safety conditions, ensuring proper use of equipment, and communication with clients, the office, and the Project Manager.
Duties for the Crew Foreman include the following:
- Lead the crew in a clear, direct, and positive manner.
- Communicate well with management, clients, and crew members so that jobs are completed on time and completely.
- Orchestrate job set up and take down including delegating job responsibilities and overseeing equipment set up.
- Go over work order with project manager and be able to complete in a safe and efficient manner.
- Oversight of all crew members, ensuring the safety and efficiency of the job site.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner that is reflective of MTC values.
- Maintain and build relationships with fellow crew members.
- Record keeping including time spent on each job site, extra work performed, and property damage reports.
Crew Foreman Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will have Completed TCIA electrical hazards awareness program, be an ISA Certified Tree Worker or in progress, and be Certified in safety, first aid and CPR
- Strong climbing abilities - mastery of basic techniques, familiarity with progressive techniques, and interest in ongoing developments.
- 5+ years of experience in removing challenging trees using technical rigging techniques, cranes and aerial lifts, with a minimum of 10 years in the industry.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- MN driver’s license with Class A (with air-brakes) license or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, crew members and management.
- Reliable, accountable, honest, have a good attitude, and trustworthy
- Team player – able to work well with others and do what it takes to accomplish daily goals together.
- Strong organization, logistical, leadership, and communication skills.
- The ability to keep a cool head during stressful situations.
- Willing to work 40-50 hours per week in adverse weather conditions and keep a flexible schedule.
Back to Job Listings