Urban Forestry Landscaper
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Salary: 16 per hour
Urban forestry design firm seeks a full time landscaper and maintenance gardener.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of plant material especially native plants and trees, passive water harvesting, drip irrigation, pruning techniques and urban forestry
- ability to work well and efficiently with others and unsupervised.
- strong attention to detail, organization, and communication skills.
- ability to work outside in physically demanding setting in all weather conditions
-ability to lift 50 pounds
-ability to safely use tools and equipement, including standard power tools
-ability to walk, kneel, bend, stoop, sit, drive vehicles, and climb ladders
-clean driving record and proof of valid New Mexico driver's license
-proof of ability to work in the United States
-some post secondary education preferred.
-long-goal interest in landscape industry
-desire to learn environmentally-friendly arid ecology techniques
- complete a variety of tasks relating to stewardship of urban gardens, including drip irrigation, pruning, fertilizing, planting, water harvesting, integrated pest management and soil building
-receive training of proper landscaping techniques with a good attitude
- maintain truck cleanliness and ensure tools are collected each day
-complete online-telephone application time sheet and project record keeping each day.
- ability to communicate clearly and effectively to landscape designer, production coordinator, crew, colleagues, visitors, and clients
Work is Monday - Friday. Clean appearance is required. Proven interest in arid ecology, integrated pest management, arboriculture, and passive water harvesting preferred.
Starting at $16/ hour. Discounted health insurance offered after 6 months employment. Special commensuration provided for ISA arborist certification, QWEL certification, or other applicable education or experience.
Please email resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Job Listings