Contractor Safety Representative
Location: Little Rock, AR
Please apply at:
ACRT is currently seeking energetic experienced professionals who enjoy working outdoors. Our Contractor Safety Representatives ensure s standard health and safety requirements for crews with respect to performing work on utility systems, using analysis tools to determine the level of risk for the activity to work on the system.
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
- Communicate the emergency response plan at each specific location to those associated with the work.
- Must understand and comply with the owner’s safety rules and OSHA safety rules/processes.
- Be unwavering in the degree in which they coach and reinforce those guidelines and processes in the field.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 3 years experience in construction safety, hazard recognition, accident investigation and root cause analysis.
- Previous experience in vegetation management.
- High level of communication and organization skills required
- High level of Customer Service skills required
- Experience working with data collection devices and GIS software desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid Driver License
- Undergraduate degree or experience in Forestry, Horticulture, Arboriculture, Environmental Studies, Conservation, Natural Resources or related fields.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
Equipment, environmental and safety requirements:
- Driving cars, trucks
- Walking on uneven ground
- Exposure to excessive noise
- Exposure to extremes in temperature, humidity, or wetness
- Operation of foot controls or repetitive foot movement
- Exposure to dust, gas, fumes, chemicals
- Various forestry-related equipment, including but not limited to DBH tape and various safety-related equipment such as hard hat, safety vest, safety glasses, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Back to Job Listings