Duquesne Light Company, Vegetation Management, Associate
Location: Glenshaw, Pa
Ensure annual work performed is completed safely in full compliance with the contract, vegetation management and asset management work plan, and successfully executed within the allocated budget. Assume fiscal responsibility for project assignments and daily emergent work activities.
- Perform contractual administrative duties while ensuring controls including adherence to technical and administrative functions (paperwork, project details, budgets, etc.) and associated requirements for successful completion of emergent vegetation, engineering and construction projects. Assume regulatory compliance authority of applicable requirements through the enforcement of such in the course of work while ensuring accuracy and thoroughness of associated supporting documentation.
- Proactively support, and assume when requested, duties of peers. Actively participate in the advancement of the program through completion of special assignments and daily assigned tasks. Available 24/7 for timely response to emergent situations (storms, callouts, etc.) requiring departmental representation and support.
- Proactively manage customer issues acting as the liaison to key community individuals, special interest groups, local, state, and federal officials and/or agencies to comply with regulations and cooperatively manage concerns related to contracting operations. Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction in contracting activities through swift response and resolution of customer issues.
- Facilitate contractor efforts through supervision and coordination with the contractor's supervisory personnel and crews, and other involved parties to maximize contractor efficiency, effectiveness, and end-product quality as per contractual requirements.
- Obtain and retain professional credentials by pursuing available continuing educational opportunities.
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. 3+ Years of Utility Line clearance industry experience
PA Dept of Agriculture Commercial Pesticide Applicators License International Society of Arboriculture Certified Arborist
Strong analytical skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to identify local tree species including growth and failure characteristics
Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office, Excel is required
Must be self-motivated organized and possess strong time management skills
Strong verbal and written communication
Must be available in for extended hours and weekends in time of need
Electric utility background
Experience with ESRI software a plus; ArcGIS 9.x or higher
International Society of Arboriculture Utility Specialist
Tree Risk Assessment Qualification
Ability to operate Company or personal vehicles on an extended daily basis. Ability to safely walk rights-of-way, traversing difficult terrain under all weather conditions.
Available 24/7 to respond to emergency situations, both single event and longer duration events. Must be cognizant of hazards associated with driving and walking circuits through diverse terrain. Exposure to chemicals, electrical energy and noise. When in field must access and evaluate work activities along right-of-ways, in potentially severe weather, over distances which may exceed several miles. When in field, exposed to line clearance workers operating heavy equipment, working overhead in and around energized high voltage equipment.
Interested candidates should apply using the link below.
Back to Job Listings