ISA’s two Editorial Boards are comprised of tree care professionals with technical expertise in various disciplines and geographical regions within the arboriculture and urban forestry professions who provide oversight of the content quality and accuracy of ISA’s periodical publications.
Arborist News Editorial Board
ISA’s Arborist News Editorial Board is the primary review panel for the technical content in this bimonthly magazine, available to ISA members both in print and online. The Board also helps solicit articles, sets editorial and advertising policy, and establishes content guidelines to provide readers the latest in arboricultural news and education.
- Chelsi Abbott, The Davey Institute, Kent, OH, U.S.
- A.D. Ali, The Davey Institute, Ft. Myers, FL, U.S.
- R. Bruce Allison, Allison Tree Care, Inc., Verona, WI, U.S.
- John Ball, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD, U.S.
- Patrick Brewer, Bartlett Tree Expert Co., Austin, TX, U.S.
- Richard Harper, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Amherst, MA, U.S.
- Alex Julius, The Davey Institute, Urbana, IL, U.S.
- Ellen Vincent, Clemson University, Clemson, SC, U.S.
Arboriculture & Urban Forestry Editorial Board
Through a digital review platform, the Arboriculture & Urban Forestry Editorial Board manages the submission and review of research papers submitted for publication in this peer-reviewed scientific journal. The Board consists of an editor-in-chief and a panel of associate editors known for their subject matter expertise in related scientific disciplines.
- Editor-in-Chief, Cecil Konijnendijk van den Bosch, Nature-Based Solutions Institute, Barcelona, Spain
- Asia Dowtin, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, U.S.
- Daniel Herms, The Davey Tree Expert Company, Kent, OH, U.S.
- C.Y. Jim, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
- Igor Lacan, University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Moon Bay, CA, U.S.
- Shawn Landry, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, U.S.
- Daniel Marion, University of New York–Finger Lakes, Canandaigua, New York, U.S.
- Zhu Ning, Southern University and A&M College, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, U.S.
- Eric North, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, U.S
- Bryant Scharenbroch, Morton Arboretum, Lisle, Illinois, U.S.
- James Steenberg, Nova Scotia Department of Lands and Forestry and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Alexia Stokes, INRA, Montpellier, France
- Maria-Luisa Tello, Madrid Institute of Agricultural Research, Madrid, Spain