Tree Ordinance Enforcement - Landscape Architect
Location: Savannah, GA
Salary: $59,797.00 Annually
This position protects and enhances the City's urban tree canopy through the administration of the Landscape and Tree Protection Ordinance.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews and approves development plans for code compliance, and other permits that involve construction and excavation around city trees.
- Assists owners, consultants, and developers with tree protection guidance. Monitors tree protection through site inspections.
- Reviews applications for right of way construction permits subject to Code compliance to ensure city trees are protected during construction.
- Conducts Code compliance inspections to ensure contractor compliance with permit conditions when performing work near city trees.
- Coordinates and educates city workers to minimize damage to city trees.
- Develops procedures and specifications for mitigating construction impacts to trees.
- Performs and/or coordinates tree risk assessment surveys pursuant to ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification.
- Assists in the planning, inspection and approval of trees planted as part through the annual planting program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture; plus, three (3) years of work experience in daily evaluation of trees and tree problems in an urban environment and landscape construction including some experience in the enforcement of development ordinances and commercial/residential construction contracting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Requires Certified Arborist License and Landscape Architect License or must obtain within six (6) months of employment.
Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license with an acceptable driving history.
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
SALARY INCREASE OF 8.48% IN JULY 2022!!
For more information and to apply:
5515 Abercorn Street
Savannah, Georgia 31406
Back to Job Listings