Vegetation Management Inspector (IBEW)
Location: Redding, CA
Vegetation Management Inspector (IBEW)- GC- North Valley Region at Pacific Gas and Electric Company (pge.com)
Requisition ID # 121881
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Wildfire Risk
Job Location : Redding; Chico
The team of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration, emergency response and vegetation management.
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
Performs direct oversight of vegetation management work conducted on Electric Distribution or Transmission systems. Responsibilities include overseeing field safety, work quality, customer relations, public safety, permit compliance, and contractor performance. Job duties are outlined below.
The Vegetation management inspector-GC is a General Construction position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
This position will be used to fill vacancies in the North Valley Region and headquarter locations may vary throughout service territory. This position may be headquartered in Redding, Chico and other locations based on business needs.
• Patrolling: perform circuit patrols in accordance with the annual VM plan, VM patrol standards and processes.
identifying required tree work along the existing PG&E rights-of- way; prescribing tree work to be performed;
document inspection done.
• Notifying property owners/agencies when tree work will occur and obtaining any necessary authorizations from
the property owners/agencies to perform the tree work.
• May do work verification inspections of locations for tree work completion
• Tree-Related Outages: May perform investigation and documentation of tree-related outages and attending
outage meetings as requested.
• Tag Work: When assigned perform tracking, field checking, prescribing of work, and notifying of customers
associated with non-routine locations. These locations may come from Electric Corrective (EC/LC)
notifications, Gas OCW notifications, Customer Care & Billing (CC&B) Cases, or as assigned. Close out CC&B
cases in the field after fielding the case
• Emergency Response: May support emergency response such as directed by OEC, or level one operations.
Such as dispatching tree crews, field checking sites, first responder stand-by agreements.
• Primarily works independently as instructed by Supervisor
• Supports oversight of vegetation projects, including field operations such as tree assessment, tree trimming,
and other work as required.
• Supports the compliance with vegetation management program scope, contract adherence, and PG&E
standards and specifications over the entire PG&E service territory.
• Participates in Contractor safety and tailboard meetings to ensure crews follow Company and regulatory (e.g.
OSHA) safety, standards and work procedures. Vegetation Management Inspectors are authorized and
expected to suspend Contractor work when necessary.
• Acts as a customer relations representative on behalf of PG&E.
• On site supports the coordination between Contractors, Communities, Agencies, First Responders, and all
other PG&E workgroups & stakeholders that may be involved in the successful completion of the vegetation
• Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations which may include, but are not limited to: Annual permits,
Encroachment permits, Traffic Control Plans, railroad permits, Caltrans permits, and environmental protection
measures as documented on Environmental Release to Construction.
• Proficient in electronic devices and documentation proficiency. As assigned, completes electronic and paper based documentation and reporting.
• Required to participate in the Employer Pull Notice Program (EPN) with DMV
•Valid Class C Driver’s License with no major incidents
•High School diploma or GED
•Ability to obtain 911 Standby training within one year of start date
•Pre- Inspector Structure Learning Path (SLP) within one year of start date
•Bilingual in English and Spanish
•To better represent the communities we serve, applicants who live within 50 miles of the headquarter location will be given preference
• 1 year of related field-based experience (e.g. tree work, forestry, landscaping/gardening)
• 2-year degree OR higher education (BA/BS) in a related field
• Certified Arborist or Utility Specialist
• American Society of Consulting Arborist Registered, 4 years’ experience in forestry, or arboriculture industry
• Completion of the PG&E Power Pathway program
• Military Service with honorable discharge
• Experience preforming utility line clearance tree work
PG&E Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving
- Post Offer Physical Assessment (POPA)
3600 Meadow View Dr
Redding, California 96002
Back to Job Listings