Plant Health Care Technician
Location: Southampton, NY
If you are an exceptional, experienced & motivated individual; invest in your future and join our team of dedicated and passionate industry professionals!
We are an established, high-end, landscape maintenance company based in Southampton, NY providing full service for residential homes in the Hamptons.
We offer Very Competitive Compensation, as well as:
- Sign On Bonus
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Seasonal Bonuses
- Advancement Opportunities
- Career Development
- Access to Paid Training, Continuing Education Programs and Additional Resources
- Monitor, diagnose and treat insect, disease, physiological and cultural conditions of trees and shrubs.
- Expertly select appropriate product(s) or treatment(s).
- Complete applications according to label instructions and safety procedures.
- Comprehensive understanding or the ability to learn insect & disease life cycles, plant biology, and soil biology.
- Properly operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment.
- Complete diagnostic reports.
- Provide comprehensive, thorough information to create an ideal environment for optimum health of landscapes.
- Interact with clients in a professional manner.
- Perform all administrative functions of IPM program as it relates to record keeping, report writing and scheduling.
- Maintain vehicle and equipment through cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance daily.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of facility.
- Commercial NYS Pesticide Applicator License
- Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
- Degree in Arboriculture, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Plant Pathology, Environmental Sciences, Landscape Management, Turfgrass or Similar Experience
- Plant Identification Knowledge & Experience
- Motivated, Self-Starter with the ability to Manage the Plant Health Care Division
- Excellent Listening, Verbal & Written Communication Skills
- Customer Service Oriented
- Effective Problem-Solving Skills & Proactive Attitude
- Be available to work 40+ hours per week in various/extreme weather conditions, including Saturday, as needed.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 50lbs
- English speaking. Spanish bilingual a plus.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required
Back to Job Listings