Secondary Climber/Crew Leader Assistant
Location: Brainerd, MN
Assistant Crew Leader: $18-26/hour based on experience. Health Insurance, Dental & Vision available after 90 days. Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays after 1 year. Simple IRA Match.
Mike’s Tree Company, located in Brainerd Minnesota, has been providing the Brainerd Lakes Area with professional tree services and care since 1995. It is our mission to educate people on proper tree care practices to ensure the life and vitality of area trees.
The Assistant Crew Leader is responsible daily for assisting the Crew Leader in leading the crew and accomplishing work orders. Key Priorities include assisting with job set up and safety conditions and communicating with the Crew Leader and fellow crew members to ensure the jobs are completed efficiently and effectively.
Duties for the Assistant Crew Leader include the following:
- Must communicate with Crew Leader and crewmembers so that jobs are completed on time and completely.
- Assist the Crew Leader with orchestrating job set up and take down including delegating job responsibilities and overseeing equipment set up.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner that is reflective of Mike’s Tree Company values, including having a positive attitude, a willingness to grow as an individual, and being a team player.
- Assist the Crew Leader in oversight of all crew members, ensuring the safety and efficiency of the job site.
- Assist the Crew Leader in accounting for all equipment.
Assistant Crew Leader Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will be an ISA Certified Tree Worker or in progress, Arborist in training or a desire to learn, and be certified in safety, first aid, and CPR.
- 2-3+ years of experience with basic climbing and technical skills.
- 5+ years of experience running and maintaining specialized equipment, including chippers, stump grinders, skid steers, aerial lifts; in a safe and efficient workman like manner that does not do damage to the equipment or property.
- Willing to perform tree removals and pruning by climbing trees and/or operating aerial lifts.
- Must possess basic tree rigging abilities and technical skills, with a willingness to learn.
- Motivated to improve and grow as an individual, both personally and professionally.
- Must have strong leadership and communication skills, including the ability to lead by example.
- MN driver’s license with clean DMV record preferred.
- Class A license with Air-Brake endorsement or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Willing to work 40-50 hours per week in adverse weather conditions and keep a flexible schedule.
- Efficient and experienced in running all types of equipment.
- The ability to stay organized and review and complete necessary paperwork.
- Must be a team player, willing to hold themselves accountable, and be coachable.
Back to Job Listings