Tree Crew Leadworker
Location: Burlingame, California
Salary: $6,224.10-$7,578.60 / month
The City of Burlingame is accepting applications for the position of
All applications must be submitted here: https://www.calopps.org/burlingame/job-19935071
Our diverse family of employees welcomes you to apply. We are a small city that gets a lot done, and each member of our team is vital to our success as an organization.
We recently asked our employees what they enjoyed most about working for the City of Burlingame, and their responses fell into five general categories:
- The Work
- The Benefits
Browse the Burlingame Welcome Brochure for more information about why employees love working here or view our City of Burlingame is a Great Place to Work Video:
City of Burlingame is a Great Place to Work Video
For more detailed information regarding the minimum qualifications and essential functions of the position, please review the Tree Leadworker job description.
Job Description URL:
Under general supervision, leads and participates in the operation of the City’s tree program; performs the full array of duties assigned to tree maintenance, including skilled and semi-skilled work in the planting, maintenance, trimming, and care of City street and park trees; demonstrates a full understanding of all applicable policies, procedures, and work methods associated with assigned duties; assists in the training of assigned personnel; performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience: Any combination of education and experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for a Tree Leadworker. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess the equivalent of three years of responsible experience in the planting, maintenance, removal, and care of trees, and a high school diploma or equivalent.
License/Certificate: Possession of a valid class C California driver’s license. Ability to obtain a Certified Tree Worker (ISA) certification and ACRT Line Clearance Arborist certification within one year.
Highly Desirable: Possession of an Arborist Certification.
- Retirement: CalPERS 2.5% at 55 for Classic members and 2.0% at 62 for New members; Classic members contribute 1.5% of the City’s contribution to CalPERS retirement via payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis
- Health Insurance: Choice of CalPERS Medical plans. City pays up to 92.5% of medical premium of most medical plans
- Dental and Vision for employee and dependents
- Long-Term Disability Insurance plan pays 60% of monthly salary ($3,500 max)
- Term life insurance policy in the amount of $75,000
- Vacation leave of 10 days for the first 4 years and increases with years of service
- Fourteen paid holidays per year (includes 2 floating holidays)
- Sick Leave: 12 days per year
- Deferred Compensation: City contributes $45 per pay period matching contribution to a 457 plan
- Section 125 Flex Benefit: Un-reimbursed Medical and Child Care
- Transportation Incentive Program
- Reduced fee for City Recreation fitness classes
501 Primrose Rd
Burlingame, California 94010
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings