Plant Health Care Specialist
Location: Norwalk, CT
Salary: $40-60K with potential for overtime.
Green Cross, Inc. is a well-established tree and shrub health care company operating in Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey. We are in the most lucrative segment of our industry and in one of the strongest regional economies in the country. This enables us to work outdoors practicing progressive, organic tree and shrub health care. We are looking for talented, personable tree and shrub health care managers with the ability to develop new business, serve clients, and grow a territory.
You will be diagnosing and ensuring the health care of the trees and shrubs on a clients’ property. This includes indicating and treating any insect and/or disease occurring on the property. You will be trained (if needed) and responsible for using the most appropriate product or treatment for each problem.
· Good woody plant identification skills, personal skills, and communication skills. Experience with arboriculture, entomology, retail or wholesale nursery, landscape design, and forestry. The knowledge of safely and properly using spray and application equipment.
· The responsibility and independence to work autonomously
· Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills to understand and meet client needs
· A valid driver's license and willingness to undergo a background check.
· An associates or bachelor’s degree in these areas of study are preferred, but experience in the green industry and passion for working with plants is most important.
· For the right candidate that can obtain ISA certification, a CT Arborist license and/or a NY 3A license, within first year of hire, there will be rapid advancement opportunities available.
This is a full-time, year-round job with paid holidays, vacation, parental leave, medical insurance, and matching 401k contribution. Salary: $40-60K with potential for overtime.
Back to Job Listings