Location: Santa Fe, NM
Salary: 18 per hour
Urban forestry design firm seeks a full time arborist assistant. Includes stormwater harvesting for tree growth and landscaping.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of plant material especially native plants and trees, pruning techniques and urban forestry. Passive water harvesting, erosion control and drip irrigation preferred.
- ability to work well and efficiently with others and unsupervised.
- strong attention to detail, organization, and communication skills.
- ability to work outside in physically demanding setting in all weather conditions
-ability to lift 50 pounds
-ability to safely use tools and equipement, including standard power tools
-ability to walk, kneel, bend, stoop, sit, drive vehicles, and climb ladders
-clean driving record
-proof of ability to work in the United States
-some post secondary education preferred.
-long-goal interest in landscape industry
-desire to learn environmentally-friendly arid ecology techniques
- complete a variety of tasks relating to stewardship of urban gardens, including drip irrigation, pruning, fertilizing, planting, water harvesting, integrated pest management and soil building
-receive training of proper landscaping techniques with a good attitude
- maintain truck cleanliness and ensure tools are collected each day
-complete online-telephone application time sheet and project record keeping each day.
- ability to communicate clearly and effectively to urban forestry designer, production coordinator, crew, colleagues, visitors, and clients
Work is Monday - Friday. Clean appearance is required. Proven interest in arid ecology, integrated pest management, arboriculture, and passive water harvesting preferred.
Starting at $18/ hour. Discounted health insurance offered after 6 months employment. Promotion with ISA arborist certification, QWEL certification, or other applicable education or experience once trained.
Please email resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. An application can also be sent to you via email or postal mail. Please email for application or call 505-819-3769 to request an application.
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings