The Annual ISA International Conference and Trade Show offers students a great opportunity to network with industry professionals, learn about new topics and technology, and meet fellow arboriculture students from around the world.
How to apply
AREA Student Travel Grant
Click here to apply for the 2021 AREA Student Grant
The Arboriculture Research and Education Academy (AREA) is offering competitive grants for students interested in attending and presenting at the ISA 2021 International Virtual Conference that takes place 13-16 December 2021.
AREA awards five grants to the top applicants. Grant recipients will receive $250 (USD). Recipients also receive complimentary conference registration and a complimentary ticket to the AREA Virtual Meeting and Social event.
1) Student Grant winners are required to give a 10-minute presentation in front of an audience of academics, researchers, and other conference attendees during the AREA sessions.
2) A letter of support from a teacher/professor must be submitted prior to the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Grantees must submit a short write-up (200-300 words) describing/highlighting their experience at ISA 2021 for the AREA Newsletter. The top two write-ups will be asked to submit a full article describing their research methods and findings.
4) The abstract submitted in this application will be the basis for your presentation. It needs to be relevant to AREA sessions, which focus on the technical/scientific aspects of arboriculture and urban forestry.
5) Preference will be given to talks which will include data analysis and results.