Urban Forestry Technician
Location: Atlanta, GA
Location: 129 North Clarendon Avenue, GA, Avondale Estates, GA 30002
Requisition ID: 187527
Arborguard Tree Specialists, a Davey company, is looking for a Urban Forestry Technician to join our team.
• Perform tree assessments using Level II and Level III ISA Tree Risk Assessments methodologies.
• Perform site monitoring and site inspections for development sites with reporting and recommendations.
• Prepare technical reports.
• Review civil, architectural, and landscape architecture plans, details, and specifications for conflicts with trees.
• Prepare invasive species management plans.
• Perform tree inventories.
• Interpret and apply municipal tree regulations in a variety of jurisdictions.
• Perform plant diagnostics, pest and disease scouting, monitoring, treatments, and other Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices; soil testing, amendment recommendations, and root system investigations; and various other tree preservation measures.
• Bachelor’s degree in forestry, horticulture, botany, environmental sciences, or other closely related field.
• (1-3 years) experience in arboriculture, urban forestry, landscape construction, landscape architecture, or site design
• ISA Certified Arborist
• ISA TRAQ or the ability to obtain within 6 months.
• Familiarity with Southeast forest and landscape plant identification including non-native trees and shrubs.
• Working knowledge of soils as it relates to tree health and vigor.
• Ability to work closely with design and construction management teams and local government officials.
• Manage multiple projects and deadlines under limited supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in varying terrain and weather.
• Willingness for occasional regional travel.
• Familiarity with civil engineering; land clearing; site work; residential, commercial, and institutional construction and renovations; landscape design/construction; underground utilities construction and design.
• Familiarity with the Resistograph drill, data interpretation and report writing with findings and recommendations.
• Experience working with a diverse client base in both the public and private sectors Technological aptitude and ability to quickly learn unfamiliar software and technology GIS and/or CAD experience (or willingness/aptitude to learn).
• Experience with GPS and survey concepts
What We Offer:*
• Paid time off and paid holidays Opportunities for advancement
• All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
• Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options
• Group Health Plan
• Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend
• Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas
• Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
• The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees
• Charitable matching gift program
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on exchanging ideas, community partnership, a commitment to safety, and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
To Apply: copy and paste the link below into your browser:
For company information, visit www.davey.com
Contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
129 North Clarendon Avenue
Avondale Estates, Georgia 30002
Back to Job Listings