Location: Los Alamos, NM
JOB TITLE: Arborist
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Community Services/Parks Recreation & Open Space
SUPERVISOR: Park Operations Manager
NEW HIRE $5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE:
$2,500 AT NEW HIRE AND $2,500 AFTER 6 MONTHS
Under general supervision, manages forestry work to ensure the continuity and health of community trees along county streets, parks, trails, and related areas. Provides technical assistance to individuals and groups relating to arboriculture, insect and disease management, tree evaluation, tree risk assessment, planting cultivation, pruning, tree care, and other related duties related to the management of forest areas. Operates truck and/or powered grounds equipment. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
• Four years’ experience in forestry, horticulture, or arboreal programs, including maintenance and installation.
• Certified Arborist (International Society of Arboriculture).
• Must possess or have ability to obtain within sixty days of employment and must maintain a valid New Mexico Class D driver’s license.
• Must possess or have ability to obtain within first six months of employment, and must maintain Community First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications.
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain a New Mexico JS6 Journeyman Irrigation Certification within one year of employment.
• Successful completion of the pre-employment physical exam prior to commencing work.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Forestry, Biology, Geography, Horticulture, Environmental Sciences or related field.
1000 Central Ave, Suite 230
Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544
Back to Job Listings