Senior Climber / Crew Lead
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Are you an experienced tree climber with demonstrated leadership skills? Do you appreciate working for a company that prioritizes safety, efficiency and a high standard of arboricultural care? Do you want to spend your days working on some of the most beautiful properties in the Perth Metro area using state of the art equipment to make your job easier? We have one opening for an Arborist Crew Leader to join our team. If you are ready to take your arboricultural career to the next level and work with a local company that will treat you like family, get it touch!
Who you are:
- A strong leader with a positive attitude & ability to mentor crew members and to communicate effectively.
- An experienced tree care industry professional who safeguards crew member & customer safety, maximizes efficiency and performs best tree care practices.
- A collaborative team member who recognises that the only constant is change, and embodies our core value of “constant evolution and improvement.”
- An action-oriented individual who can see the big picture and stay positive to foster a culture of problem-solving.
- A kind and caring person, who appreciates our incredible clients, our team members and our community at large.
- Interpret Work Orders as drafted by Sales Arborists and lead a crew to perform all aspects of a tree care project, from fine pruning to technical tree removal.
- Maintain lines of communication throughout each project with: the customer, the Sales Arborist and the office.
- Document all job details, including crew member hours and change orders, within the software platform we use for operations management.
- Complete morning site specific safety plans on all projects ensuring a safe and efficient work environment, where all crew members understand the plan and know their role.
- Provide on-going training and feedback to support crew member success and job safety.
- Participate in monthly Crew Leader meetings and weekly Safety Meetings.
- Complete duties, such as truck logs, associated with driving your assigned company vehicle.
- Report all equipment / truck / tool mishaps to our mechanic team for fixes.
- Provide strategic input to company owners around equipment purchases and in general.
- Climb smartly and safely, operate company equipment such as our aerial lift, bucket trucks, skid steers, and stump grinders and return home safely to your loved ones every day.
- 3 to 5 years working as a climbing Arborist with the ability to perform all basic aspects of tree care production work
- Rigging experience and comfortable working in tight urban environments
- Experience in a customer service people-facing position
- Demonstrated general knowledge of trees
- Working knowledge and understanding of ANZSI & WHS standards
- Valid Drivers License Manual, preferably Class MR
- First Aid / CPR
- Holding, or ability to obtain Cert III or ISA Certified Arborist
- Summer: 6:15am to 2:30pm
- Winter: 7am to 3:30pm
- Monday to Friday
Open to working holiday makers or sponsorship.
Back to Job Listings