Arborist Crew Leader
Location: Staunton, VA
Staunton Tree Service is growing and is hiring an Arborist Crew Leader. We are proud to be a local business that believes in family values and an employee’s freedom to make decisions for themselves.
Starting pay is $24-$32 per hour based on experience and qualifications with opportunities for raises.
Not including overtime and raises, that is an annual income of $49,536-$68,048 plus awesome benefits!
• This position is eligible for relocation assistance!
• Fun Fact: Smithsonian.com named Staunton as one of the 20 Best Small Towns in America! Something to keep in mind if relocating is an option for you.
Staunton Tree Service is looking to hire one ISA Certified Arborist Crew Leader for immediate employment.
Experienced and motivated individuals without their ISA certification are also encouraged to apply if they are willing to obtain this certification shortly after employment AND already have at least 2 years of experience as a crew leader in residential tree removal and pruning.
We are looking for someone with a passion for tree care and the heart of a professional leader. Someone who can be depended on to get the job done right.
Our “Cadillac Benefits” package includes:
• Health insurance
• Vision insurance
• Dental insurance
• Life insurance
• 401(k) with matching
Staunton Tree Service is a premium, local, family-owned, FULLY INSURED tree service that's been providing customers with tree care excellence since 1954.
This offer is the leading compensation package in the Shenandoah Valley for the tree care industry.
Staunton Tree Service also differs from most other tree services in the area in many ways…
First, the safety and happiness of our crew is critically important to the owners, so the Arborist Crew Leader will work hard to ensure these goals are being met.
We are a small, family owned business that truly appreciates its employees.
Second, we operate our own crane as well as other specialized equipment and tools.
We use this equipment whenever possible rather than always relying on back-breaking physical labor which allows us to work efficiently and prolong the health and careers of our crew members.
RESPONSIBILITIES as the Arborist Crew Leader include:
• Setting up job sites
• Assessing safety conditions
• Ensuring proper use of equipment and communicating with clients
• Directly supervise ground crew and assign specific tasks to crew members on site
• Perform proper pruning cuts according to ANSI-A300 standards
• Utilize proper climbing techniques with approved knots and rigging techniques
• Follow safety procedures according to OSHA and ANSI-Z133 standards
• Ensure all crew members wear PPE (personal protective equipment) at all times
• Oversee use of equipment on job site; identify any non-operational equipment and report immediately to owner
• Efficiently use time, materials and equipment
• Direct team in thorough clean up and secure all materials when job is complete
• Exhibit a strong work ethic and positive attitude at all times. Be a good leader.
• Communicate with clients in a professional manner
• Display a strong attention to detail
• ISA Certification or willingness to obtain upon employment
• Valid driver's license - CDL A or B preferred but not required. Must have ability to obtain CDL.
• At least three years of bucket truck operation
• At least three years of experience with chippers, stump grinders and chainsaws
• At least three years of experience making proper pruning cuts according to ANSI A300 standards and rigging limbs
• At least two years climbing experience
• At least two years of experience in RESIDENTIAL tree removal and pruning
• Familiarity with and ability to perform: crown reduction, thinning, raising/elevating, dead wooding, vista pruning, pollarding, structural pruning, and safe removals
• Ability to repeatedly bend, climb, kneel and lift 50 lbs
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for prolonged periods of time
• Must pass pre-hire drug test
• Must have transportation to/from work
• Staunton Tree Service is a NON-SMOKING workplace.
• Staunton Tree Service is an equal opportunity employer.
If you meet these qualifications and you would like to work for a company that is growing and appreciates their employees, submit your application today!
Back to Job Listings