Production Arborist and Trainer
Location: Ballwin, MO
Metropolitan Forestry Service is a local, family ouwned and operated tree service with over 42 years of dedication to providing the best, safest and smartest tree care.
The position of Production Arborist and Trainer is active, atchletic and leadership oriented. Excellent opportunity for advancement for someone already in the career of professional tree climbing. Candidants must have safe climbing and technical rigging experience!
- Ascend, descend and work aloft in trees for the purpose of arboricultural services, involving the use of chainsaws, hand tools and modernized climbing equipment and techniques.
- Work with the production team to clean-up resulting debris, brush, branches, logs, etc. Lifting up to 70 lbs. will be required.
- Set up necessary work area protection zones.
- Conduct or participate in regularly scheduled crew meetings, safety. meetings, and provide pertinent operation information, establishing work completion timelines, identifying work safe zones, and manpower/equipment requirements.
- Ensure overall safe, productive and quality work done on each property, attending to the details through proper property evaluations, job site hazard assessments, and pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Existing ability and/or willingness to learn proper use and maintenance of updated and specialized equipment.
- Maintain issued climbing gear, chainsaw, and shared crew equipment, as directed.
- Be accountable for the maintenance and proper use of all company vehicles, equipment, and tools.
- Work in a team atmosphere with a strong commitment to safety and professionalism.
- Strong tree ID skills, installation of bracing and cables are preferred but not required.
- Two years of tree climbing experience (with the proven ability to analyze and interpret job expectations.).
- Experience with modern climbing and rigging practices specific to the arboriculture industry.
- Currently hold a valid driver's license (Ability to drive manual transmission a plus!).
- Reliable transportation to and from work required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail with perfectionist traits are ideal.
- Work safely following industry standards.
- Must be able to operate & maintain common tree industry equipment.
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions.
- Paid Continuing Training Education
- Heath/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Provided Gear/Equipment
Back to Job Listings