Location: New Rochelle, NY
Almstead Tree and Shrub Care is a second-generation, family-owned arboriculture firm that has been offering environmentally conscious services the NY, NJ, and CT tri-state area since 1964. We are a TCIA accredited company that values our employee’s professional aspirations, career development, safety and quality of life.
We are looking for passionate professionals who want to enhance their career in tree care! We offer generous compensation, year-round work, paid time off, health and retirement benefits, inclusive company culture and so much more! If you are ready to enjoy going to work every day, come grow with us!
Provide quality and timely plant health care, lawn care and general tree work services for our valued clients. Service, maintain and grow an assigned sales territory.
- Service, maintain and grow assigned territory.
- Make client and prospect visits to diagnose and monitor landscapes.
- Negotiate contract and bid proposals for residential and commercial customers.
- Set up personal sales expectations with Branch Managers.
- Develop and implement tree care, lawn care & plant health care programs.
- Set-up crews, supervise work being performed, and complete jobs to client satisfaction.
- Continually prospect for new business.
- Maintain a safe and controlled workplace and environment.
- Enforce company safety and training policies.
- Attend community and industry events to help promote our business.
- The proven ability to establish, maintain and grow a sales territory.
- Hands-on knowledge of tree, plant and lawn care.
- The ability to correctly and effectively diagnose and price various tree care treatments.
- The ability to prepare and present proposals.
- Major account management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills/listening skills.
- Two or four year degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Plant Pathology, Environment Sciences, Biological Sciences, or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- ISA certification mandatory, or the ability to secure certification within 90 days.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience selling in the green industry.
- Proven track record highly preferred.
Back to Job Listings