Austin Independent School District Campus Urban Forester
Location: Austin, TX
Salary: $72,000 - $90,000
With thousands of acres of land, AISD has a rich and varied tree canopy that includes some of Austin’s most notable Heritage Trees.
The AISD Urban Forester will be responsible for managing our tree canopy, and this includes:
- leading the development and implementation of the district-wide urban forestry program;
- establishing, updating, and enforcing policies,
- procedures, and guidelines; providing technical guidance for construction projects and school tree plantings;
- managing grants and partnerships;
- providing interdepartmental coordination and advising;
- fostering school engagement and learning opportunities;
- overseeing contracted services; maintaining the AISD tree inventory and related records;
- and other tree-related activities.
The AISD Urban Forester also ensures that AISD trees stay healthy and safe, and that they are able to grow and thrive as valuable assets to our schools and community.
This position will be posted until filled.
4000 S. I-H 35 Frontage Rd
Austin, Texas 78704
Back to Job Listings