Urban Forestry Manager
Location: Key West, FL
Salary: $73,000 - $95,000 Based on Experience
City of Key West is looking for someone to do administrative and managerial work in the field of Urban Forestry, Biology, and Horticulture. Responsible for planning, developing, managing and monitoring urban forestry and biological activities throughout the City, enforcing land development ordinances and regulations, and reviewing site and landscape plans for development plans through the Planning Department. Work includes meeting with the public, conducting studies, developing recommendations, policies and procedures, and supervising, planning, and directing the work of clerical staff and Community Services field maintenance crews when and where necessary. This person will also serve as the staff representative to the Tree Commission and a staff member of the City Development review Committee and supports the work of the City Sustainability Coordinator, Utilities and Engineering Departments, and Code, Licensing, and Building Departments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Botany, Biology, Environmental Science, Urban Forestry, Horticulture, or Arboriculture.
- Five (5) years of forestry, environmental, or arboriculture experience, two (2) years of which were in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist designation or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Knowledge and familiarity of the vegetation found in growing zones 10 & 11 and the tropical Caribbean.
- Supervisory experience of Urban Forestry personnel and field crews
Back to Job Listings