Urban Forestry Intern
Location: Wausau, WI
TITLE: Urban Forestry Intern - Seasonal Labor
2 Positions Available - Summer 2023
DEPARTMENT: Wausau & Marathon County Parks, Recreation and Forestry
REPORTS TO: City Forester
PAY GRADE: $14.00 per hour
Under supervision of the City Forester, perform an update of the City’s tree inventory. Provide updated tree and site information into the web-based tree management system. Create efficient methods of utilizing the system’s data including report building and work order management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct fieldwork activities including tree identification, tree inventory and visual assessment of trees in urban and natural settings.
- Become familiar with the web-based tree inventory system and create methods to utilize the data that increases efficiency and usage.
- Interact with the public in a positive manner that reflects positively on the Department.
- May chip brush, prune trees or conduct other assigned duties.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform varied tasks to completion without immediate supervision.
- Operate computer/tablet to perform moderately complex word processing functions, data entry and database maintenance.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, and a driving record that meets county standards.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Desirable Training and Experience
- Academic background in urban forestry, forest management or related field.
- Experience in tree identification and maintenance preferred.
- Previous experience in performing routine semi-skilled tasks under limited supervision.
Apply on the Marathon County website: Position Description (taleo.net)
Back to Job Listings