Urban Forestry Tree Inspector
Location: Portland, OR
Salary: 32.23 Hourly
About this position:
Portland Parks & Recreation is seeking Urban Forestry Tree Inspectors. Tree Inspectors play an integral role in carrying out the City's Tree Code to protect, preserve, restore, and expand the urban forest.
About the work:
The position is of an advanced professional and technical scope in the evaluation and assessment of trees to enforce City tree code regulations. Tree Inspectors perform on-site tree condition assessments, tree risk and tree preservation field inspections, site plan review and tree code compliance investigations to evaluate, process and issue non-development and development tree permits while engaging in extensive public communications and interactions. The work is performed independently under the direction of the Permitting & Regulation Manager and City Forester.
As a Tree Inspector you will:
- Be an active participant in furthering a positive work culture and environment that values safety, equity, quality, and productivity.
- Be committed to racial justice, diversity, equity and inclusion. Fully participate in dismantling institutional racism at the Bureau and the City.
- Process and administer tree permit applications on private and City properties through on-site tree inspections to make permitting decisions and provide mitigation recommendations.
- Interpret residential and commercial site development plans and other development related documents to perform plan review and process development permit applications
- Respond to inquiries from residents, developers and internal stakeholders to provide education, assistance and information on the tree permit regulations
- Interpret a variety of city codes, policies, and regulations.
- Work closely with the Permitting & Regulation Supervisor and Manager, Operations Manager, City Forester, other City infrastructure bureaus and other public agencies to implement the City’s Tree Code.
Work in this class is performed in a field and office environment.
To apply for this position, submit your application and review the full announcement at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/portlandor/jobs/3640470/urban-forestry-tree-inspector-tree-inspector.
Tamara Larison, Senior Recruiter
Bureau of Human Resources
OPTIONAL INFORMATION SESSION
To assist you in understanding this position and the recruitment process, we will offer an Optional Information Session that will provide you with details about the position and about the application process. You are not required to attend to apply for this job. You are welcome to join us for the optional session below:
Thursday, July 28, 2022
11:30 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 875 9868 2136
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kdD10KaQj7
Back to Job Listings