Location: Dallas, TX
Complete Landsculpture of Texas, L.P.
Job Title: Tree Leadman/ Groundsman
The Tree Leadman is responsible for working as a team member under the direct supervision of the Tree Foreman. The Tree Leadman is responsible in assisting the Foreman with executing proper pruning techniques; assisting in process of trimming trees, clearing and chipping tree debris, and disposing of tree debris for residential and commercial jobs in an efficient manner, promote job worksite safety, provide excellent customer service, and exhibit pride and quality workmanship.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry 50 pounds of material or equipment.
- Ability to walk, stand, kneel and/or bend for a long period of time.
- Ability to withstand exposure to outside weather conditions: humidity, rain, hot and cold temperatures.
- Sound understanding of proper tree practices and safety precautions pertaining to tree care.
- Must be able to work a 5-day schedule, may include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to show proof of legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and detailed oriented.
- Must be professional in appearance and actions.
- Maintain good attendance record as well as good punctuality.
- Understands and adheres to company and safety policies, proper lifting techniques, and heat stress.
- Possess the necessary rigging and lowering skills to perform tree pruning and removals safely.
- Must be able to properly, efficiently, and safely work with hand saws, pole pruners, loppers, and gas-powered chainsaws.
- Must be able to recognize and report deficiencies in equipment.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- If driving for the company, must have and maintain a valid state issued driver’s license as well as clear driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend training and safety meetings and apply the subject matter to daily tasks.
- Follow all direct orders given to you by your Foreman or Manager.
- Work as part of a team.
- Always represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Identify, correct or report work hazards on job sites to foreman.
- Must be able to safely inspect, perform preventative maintenance on gas powered equipment used for tree trimming, grinding and removal.
- Executes lock out / tag out procedures on small equipment.
- Assist with securing the work area around tree so public will be safe from falling debris.
- Inspect climbing gear and tree care equipment to be sure that all equipment and tools are safe and in working order.
- Blow sidewalks, streets, and work areas of leaves and debris.
- Trash and spoil management.
- Train Labor in basic tree pruning methods, tasks and procedures.
- Lead and direct crew and sequence of work during foreman absence.
- Provide backup to Laborers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Complete Landsculpture provides an equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, belief, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings