Forester I/Forester II
Location: Waynesboro, TN
Salary: Based on experience
American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) is the largest forest consulting firm in the United States. AFM currently manages over 5.7 million acres of privately owned timberland and has sold over $3.2 billion in real estate transactions under AFM Real Estate, a subsidiary of AFM. With 290+ employees operating from 52 offices located in 17 states, Panama and Costa Rica, AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services. Our small regionally dispersed offices allow us to provide individualized services, and our large overall size allows us to coordinate teams of foresters and technical specialists for large, complex jobs.
AFM’s team of professionals is focused on meeting client needs by providing a complete range of forestry services including land and wildlife management, land sale and acquisition services, forest inventory and design, growth and yield modeling, cash flow projections, environmental services, appraisal, forest resource data management and harvest scheduling.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs in all aspects of forestry related fieldwork, office work, analysis, and reporting to supervisor, landowner/client.
- Design and implementation of timber harvesting plan programs to assure continuous production of timber or to assist clients to achieve other timber or wildlife habitat management objectives.
- Performs all aspects of timber sale development, including timber inventory, boundary establishment, preparing timber sale bid notices, marketing, and reviewing timber sale contracts. Ability to inventory the type, amount, and location of standing timber, appraise the timber’s worth, and negotiate and close purchase and sale agreements.
- Assists in the management of delivered timber sale operations, ensuring the successful negotiation of timber prices, products, and volume (and timely delivery) at up to 20 different mills for up to 10 logging contractors on a daily/weekly basis.
- Assists in managing all aspects of logging operations including final sale layout and boundary marking, harvest set up, harvest inspections, ensure compliance with the sale contract, the supervising merchandising of harvested timber into various forest products, and organize and audit timber sale settlements.
- Assists in planning, administration, and inspection of other forestry-related activities such as road construction and maintenance, timber marking, silviculture activities, surveys, tract inspections, boundary establishment, and other land management projects as assigned.
- Assists in budget development and administering AFM and Client budgets
- Identify and mark Streamside or Riparian Management Zones (SMZ’s or RPZ’s). Monitors Best Management Practices (BMP’s) and Environment Management Systems (EMS) Compliance to ensure third party SFI, FSC or Tree Farm Certification.
- Ability to use Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to assist in managing lands.
- Able to plan, design and participates in forest inventory projects individually or with a team.
- Creates management plans that capture landowner objectives and offer solutions to achieve those goals.
- Supervises third party contracted services, including certifying completion of work for payment.
- Meeting with landowner/client to review management activities, answer questions and make proposals regarding their timberland.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation schedule
- Healthcare and disability plan
- 401(K) retirement plan
- Eligible for annual bonus plan
To apply, please go to: http://atsod.com/j/s.cfm/12R0
Back to Job Listings