Tree Inventory Technician
Location: Nationwide, United States
PAY: $19 – $25 per hour or $39k – $52k per year.
Full-time W2 employment (Inquire for Benefits Package)
Nationwide – Must be able to travel for three to four weeks straight and stay in hotels/Airbnb’s.
PlanIT Geo provides professional geospatial consulting services and web/mobile software solutions for Urban Forestry and green infrastructure planning, natural resource analysis, forest management, and related areas. We are seeking one candidate with diverse interests and experience/education in urban forestry, arboriculture, GIS, and technology. Candidates should be motivated, versatile, work well in the private industry under strict time restraints, be able to travel, and have excellent communication skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Collect individual tree x/y locations via mobile tools from aerial imagery while in the field.
- Assess each tree for a wide variety of fields/attributes (e.g. Common Name, Scientific Name,
DBH, Condition, Height, Crown Spread, Insect Issues, Diseases, Defects, Size of Defect, Probability of Failure, Target Frequency, Other Risk Fields, Site Type, Address, etc.).
- Provide clients with training in tree inventory software and related data management in a
variety of formats (Shapefile, Excel, Access, etc.).
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- ISA Certified Arborist – must have or be able to obtain within two weeks of hire date.
- Pursuit of, or obtained BS/BA degree in forestry, natural resources, horticulture or related field.
- Ability to ID a variety of North American tree species by common and botanical name (leaf-on and off seasons).
- Ability to ID or quickly learn a variety of defects (biotic and abiotic) for different species of trees.
- Familiarity of plant growth habits and landscape use of common urban tree species.
- Experience in GIS desktop software (ESRI or Open Source; from coursework or other).
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time while using a tablet device safely.
- Flexibility in work hours to meet a quota of trees inventoried per day/week.
- Ability to travel 2-4 weeks at a time, stay in hotels/Airbnb's as needed, and have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to establish/maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, and other industry professionals.
PlanIT Geo™ provides enterprise GIS Software as a Service (SaaS) for urban trees, parks, tree care, and related green infrastructure asset management. We are a small company based outside of Denver with employees around the country and partners and customers worldwide. This position is an exciting period in our company’s growth, with plenty of opportunities to advance and grow along with us.
At present we are only considering candidates legally authorized to work in the USA. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, or any other non-merit factor.
7878 Wadsworth BLVD Suite 340
Arvada, Colorado 80003
Back to Job Listings