Location: Harrisburg, PA, Lancaster, PA
Duties include trimming and removing trees for our customers. Prior experience climbing for a tree-care company is a requirement for this position. Experience operating a bucket is a plus. **Given the dangerous nature of the work required, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time**
- Trims and/or removes trees by climbing with the aid of a ladder, safety belt, climbing line, powered trimmer lift truck, or works from the ground using gasoline, air, and hand-powered tools. Tree Climber cuts branches or trunk sections and drops or lowers them to the ground with line.
- Uses wedges, sledges, and chain saws in felling trees or trimmed trunks and in cutting and splitting logs into manageable pieces.
- Sprays stumps and brush with hand-spraying equipment to prevent further growth.
- Loads and unloads trucks with logs, stumps, brush, and debris and/or feeds brush into wood chipper.
- Repairs slight damage to lawns, fences, and walks caused by tree trimming.
- Services tools and equipment.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works in close proximity to energized power lines.
- Works at varying heights above grounds.
- Relays hand-signals, directs traffic, drives, and operates trucks and equipment, as assigned and keeps trucks and work area clear and orderly, as well as helps train new employees.
- Performs other related work, as assigned by supervisors.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver heavy weights of 10 pounds frequently, and weights of up to 50 pounds infrequently.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Lifting over 10 pounds to 50 pounds
- Climbing on and off truck
- Pulling and Pushing
Our company benefits include:
- Career Advancements
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Allstate Supplemental Insurance
- 401K with 4% Match
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Year-Round Work
- Stable and Rapidly Growing Business
- Continuous Training & Education
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings