Location: Lake Forest Park, WA
Salary: $31.21 to $42.62 Hourly
Title: City Arborist (Part-time)
Department: Planning & Building
Reports to: Planning Director
First Review: March 18, 2022 (5:00 P.M.)
Hours: 24 hours/week
Under the direction of the Planning Director, this part time position processes tree removal permit applications, issues tree removal permits, completes inspections, manages public outreach and education, supports the street tree-planting program, and provides tree information and advice to the public. This position may also assist in providing support for the Tree Board.
• Excellent oral and written communication
skills; correct English usage, grammar,
spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to members of the public.
• Ability to communicate effectively with
individuals and groups regarding complex or
controversial public policy issues or
• Willingness to perform clerical tasks and code
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to work with electronic or web-based
permit tracking systems.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Landscape
Architecture, Forestry, Natural Resources,
Botany, or related field or an equivalent
combination of education and experience that
demonstrates the ability to perform the
• Three years of experience in hazard tree
recognition and assessment, tree identification
and diagnosis, and the care, planting, and
maintenance of trees and plant materials.
• Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural
workplace with a diverse customer base.
• ISA Certified Arborist
• Tree Risk Assessment Qualification from ISA
• Current Washington State driver’s license with
clean driving record
• A background check may be required for this
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The position works in a standard office environment; field inspection are performed in all weather conditions. Evening meetings and weekend work may be required occasionally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.cityoflfp.com. Provide required job application, cover letter and resume. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply by March 18, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. for first review. Open until filled.
17425 Ballinger Way NE
Lake Forest Park, Washington 98155
Back to Job Listings