Field Safety Professional - JR101169
Location: Williamson, WV
Title: Safety Supervisor
• Ensures compliance with Wright Tree Service and OSHA policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Identifies potential safety issues and recommends corrective actions as appropriate with follow-up verification.
• Ensures safety records are maintained in accordance to Wright Tree Service policy and regulatory requirements.
• Performs frequent safety compliance inspections of work sites/locations.
• Receives, reviews, and evaluates first reports of any incident and/or accident involving company personnel, equipment and/or activities.
• Provides safety support including, but not limited to, job briefings, work-site safety, hazards to watch for, DOT compliance, and tailgates.
• Provides mandatory group safety meetings and discusses accidents, unsafe acts, near misses, and resolutions to correct those potential problems.
• Provides on the job training for crews by observing, assisting and leading job briefings and work assignments. Corrects errors, reinforces safe actions and positive improvements, stops work when unsafe practices cannot be corrected as the work progresses, reports progress to General Foreperson and resorts to disciplinary action when needed, but works with General Foreperson and Human Resources if that occurs.
• Participates in training to administer oral drug testing if applicable. Understands obligations related to reasonable suspicion training and process.
• Trains and coaches employees. Evaluate performance with regards to safety and provide feedback as necessary.
• Conducts safety training of assigned personnel in accordance with good safety training procedures. Conduct stand downs and tailgate trainings as applicable.
• Keeps accurate records of safety trainings, certifications, licenses etc.
• Investigates accident reports, damage claims, and may be a designated representative to settle minor damage or injury claims.
• Keeps informed of new equipment specifications, standard practices and operating procedures.
• Determines action to be taken in emergency situations to eliminate hazards to lives and property as well as the trimming and removal of trees to expedite the restoration of service by calling out crew personnel and perform other activities connected with emergency work.
• Works around hazardous equipment and in close proximity to energized power lines.
• Works around excessive noise from machines, chainsaws, wood chipper and must wear proper personal protective equipment.
• Is exposed to all temperatures and weather; will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
• May work on rough terrain.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
• Has a minimum of 5 years’ experience working on tree trimming or clearing crews and/or has successfully completed applicable performance reviews.
• Possesses excellent leadership skills and be able to handle stressful situations along with being able to multi-task.
• Has a basic knowledge of trees, including identification, growth habits and correct arboricultural techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing, as applies to working in close proximity to energized conductors.
• Knows and understands the American National Standards for Tree Care Operations (ANSI Z133.1-2017).
• Knows and understands the American National Standards for Proper Pruning (ANSI A300).
• Has an understanding of OSHA rules and guidelines.
• Has Experience with computers focusing on Microsoft Office products.
• Has a basic knowledge of electrical circuit and must be skilled in the reading and understanding of circuit maps.
• Communicates professionally, both verbal and in writing, with the general public, customers, and fellow employees.
• Enforces on-the-job safety practices.
• Must be able to wear necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
• Needs to be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times per day.
• Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work tasks such as rain, heat, sun, cold, snow.
• Must be able to write, read, and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
• Must be able to communicate with others and represent Wright Tree Service in a professional manner.
• Possesses the ability to lift, move, and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis and up to 30 pounds on a frequent basis.
• Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, storm work) and will be subject to call-out work.
• Ability to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
• Has a valid driver’s license (CDL), medical card and be able to pass a pre-employment drug test as well as background check.
• Maintains a herbicide applicator or operators certification and license as required by Wright Tree Service and local, state, and federal law.
• Has valid First-Aid and CPR cards.
Wright Tree Service employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
Wright Tree Service
Williamson, West Virginia 25661
Back to Job Listings