Consulting Utility Forester
Location: Destin, FL
Please Apply at: https://acrt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ACRT_Careers/job/Destin-FL/Consulting-Utility-Forester---Destin--FL_R2827
ACRT is currently seeking energetic experienced professionals who enjoy working outdoors. Our Consulting Utility Forester position is ideal for entry level and seasoned professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, conservation or related disciplines and with experience in these fields and line of work.
Our Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
The Company requires all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Proof of vaccine will be required. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
• Two-year forestry degree or equivalent OR high school diploma plus two years of UVM experience
• Vegetation management experience preferred
• Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred but not required
• Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented
• Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
• Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
• Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
• Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
• Valid driver's license required
• Full-time position
• ACRT is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR company!
• Employees become owners and receive company stock after a waiting period
• ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families
○ Group life insurance
○ Optional life insurance
○ Short- and long-term disability
○ Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Company vehicle/fuel card for work-related and commuting purposes
• Boot allowance program
• ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
• Pre-employment drug screening and background check required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings