Arborist Training Safety Audotor
Location: Sacramento, CA
Please Apply at:
The Arborist Training Safety Auditor will serve as a subject matter expert for climbing and line clearance tree crews as they perform their daily work. Arborist Training Safety Auditors must have general arboricultural experience along with utility line clearance experience. Candidates must have the ability to work with diverse groups of people, the ability to communicate effectively, and have a high appreciation and understanding for safety.
At ACRT Services, safety is a core value. Every day, our employees strive to work in a safe manner and lead by example. The goal of this position and project is to help improve upon the safety culture and processes of the contracting utility. As a safety-driven company, we are looking for someone who knows tree care well and has something to add to the ongoing safety conversation in this industry. While providing great service to the contracting utility, you will be ensuring that crews are following appropriate safety measures and creating a safe environment for themselves, the community, and the industry as a whole.
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Arborist Training Safety Auditor’s duties and responsibilities shall include safety auditing and crew performance competency reviews for:
- Vegetation management contract personal for adherence to contract and company processes
- Compliance with OSHA
- Compliance with Cal OHSA
- Adherence to the Z-133 2017 safety standards
- Determining individual and crew competency as it relates to job assignments and providing individual personal training recommendations
Other duties include:
- Provide weekly reports of findings and recommendations to contracting utility safety representative
- Availability for biweekly meetings at the request of contracting utility safety representative
- Track safety results both positive and negative as directed by contracting utility safety representative
- Adhere to all ACRT, Inc. policies and procedures
- Undergraduate degree or experience in Forestry, Horticulture, Arboriculture, Environmental Studies, Conservation, Natural Resources or related fields or a high school diploma plus 4 years related experience in the tree care industry
- Advanced experience in arboriculture, forestry, or related discipline.
- Line Clearance experience
- Climbing, rope & saddle, and bucket truck experience
- PC skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Tree identification skills
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the ANSI Z133 safety standards
- Ability to effectively interact with tree workers on all levels of a crew.
- Ability to travel when required (75% of the time)
- Bilingual in Spanish
- ISA or TCIA certification
What we offer you:
Along with competitive compensation, the Arborist Training Safety Auditor will receive:
- Company provided vehicle
- Access to the company medical, dental, and vision plans, as well as company 401(k) and ESOP plans
- The opportunity to receive up to 10% of your base salary as a year-end bonus; grow the company, grow yourself!
- Company provided phone and laptop
- Vacation weeks and holidays
- Reimbursement for renewal of CPR/First Aid, ISA, and various other credentials
- Monthly safety tailboard opportunities worth ISA CEUs
- Yearly allowance for PPE and necessary work equipment
- The ability to set your own schedule within a given week
- The opportunity to be part of creating a safer work environment in tree care
- The possibility to travel with a core instructor within the department and partake in a hands-on, classroom style training
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings