Consulting Utility Arborist
Location: Sonoma, CA
As an independent vegetation management consulting contractor, California Forestry and Vegetation Management, Inc (CFVM) has supported our client's vegetation management programs since 2002. Our highly skilled workforce of ISA-Certified Arborists and Utility Specialists provide accurate, timely, and relevant data used to make corrective actions to promote cost-effective reliability and meet regulatory requirements.
If you are an energetic professional who enjoys working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently this is the position for you. ISA Certified Arborist or Utility Specialist Designation or the ability to attain the certification within 1 year.
- Perform inspection on post pre-inspection and post tree-trimming work
- Check tree for hazard or danger potential
- Document information for utility's vegetation management program
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must have solid tree identification skills and the ability to read maps
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem solving abilities, the ability to multi-task and an attention to detail
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain
- Must have basic computer skills
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Forestry, Environmental Science or a related field preferred
- Experience in Forestry, Arboriculture or Horticulture a plus
- ISA Certified Arborist and Utility Specialist Designation preferred or the ability to attain the certification within 1 year
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including: walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven rough, steep terrain, hills and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk, stand, sit and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties; carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with the public; ability to see and hear in the normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fire rakes, water backpack, shovel and traffic cones.
We offer full-time employees excellent benefits including medical, dental, and group life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, a retirement plan, and more.
Back to Job Listings