Location: NYC, NY
Arcadis is seeking to hire multiple arborists to join our team to work on projects for NYC Parks within the five boroughs of NYC. This position will be expected to work 32- 40 hours per week. Do you enjoy working outdoors? Do you enjoy work that benefits the community by making the world a greener place? Join our dynamic team of Engineers and Arborists as we work together to improve the green infrastructure of NYC!
This position will utilize your technical knowledge and experience to help guide the City’s tree preservation and street tree programs. As you grow with Arcadis, you will become involved with other NYC Parks’ programs, and with other City agencies, all with a focus on the City’s urban forest and other natural systems such as the Staten Island Bluebelt and park restoration projects.
What you will do:
- Maintain daily records and review the daily reports of other inspection personnel, providing feedback and advice for improvement.
- Use the City’s ForMS program as required for the assignment
- Act as an ambassador for the City’s urban forest resource during interaction with the City’s residents and landowners
- Monitor construction daily for overall site safety, permit condition compliance and coordination with other City Agencies
- Monitor Contractor’s adherence to technical requirements and overall responsiveness and effectiveness.
- Use effective oral and written communication skills to effectively represent Arcadis and/or our client Agencies in interactions with the client, local agencies and the community
- Administer all H&S procedures as required by the owner and as detailed in the H&S manual
- Invasive plant species identification
- Hold and attend field meeting with both contractor and owner to discuss progress, schedule and work remaining
- Other duties as assigned.
What skills / attributes you need:
- Proficient at reading and understanding design plans, specifications and shop drawing submittals
- Keen attention to detail and strong work ethic, with the ability to work overtime when necessary
- TRAQ Qualification preferred
- ISA Certification required
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage disputes and difficult situations
- Experience with Capital Contract Supervision Oversight and Woody Plant and Construction/Restoration Oversight
- Construction supervision preferred
- Familiarity/experience with GIS
- Strong commitment to providing a safe and healthful workplace
- An interest and ability to network, support proposals, and contribute to our firm's growth in the NYC market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, Forest Biology or Environmental Resources Engineering or closely related field
- OR Associates degree in arboriculture or related field with 3 years’ experience
- ISA Arborist Certification
- Skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint
- ISA TRAQ Qualification
- Capital Contract Supervision Oversight
- Woody Plant and Construction/Restoration Oversight
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) skills or certification
- 1-year practical experience in tree protection, pruning, installation, and establishment or related work (internships can count towards this requirement)
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Water is the world’s most critical resource. At Arcadis, we work tirelessly to help protect this natural resource, focusing on the entire water cycle. From source to tap, managing rivers and coast zones, urban and rural water supply, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels, our specialists, engineers and scientists help address all of the challenges facing water. Using cutting-edge technologies, collaborating to develop innovative solutions and tapping into global learning development resources, we are uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water services that support the demand of a rapidly changing world. Join our team to start improving quality of life today.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Back to Job Listings