Location: Brainerd, MN
Plant Health Care Foreman: PHC Foreman: $18-26/hour based on experience. Health Insurance, Dental & Vision available after 90 days. Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays after 1 year. Simple IRA Match.
Mike’s Tree Company, located in Brainerd Minnesota, has been providing the Brainerd Lakes Area with professional tree services and care since 1995, and we take great pride in our work ethic and image. Not only do we provide tree services, such as pruning and tree removal, we also take pride on being a leader in tree health care in the Brainerd Lakes area. It is our mission to educate people on proper tree care practices to ensure the life and vitality of area trees.
The Plant Health Care Foreman is responsible for monitoring, diagnosing, and applying treatments to trees in order to mitigate or suppress common insect and disease problems, manage nutrient deficiencies, and promote tree health. The PHC Foreman is also responsible for our tree planting division and maintaining MTC standards. These tasks are achieved with the highest degree of quality and efficiency by safely operating various pieces of power equipment and hand tools.
Duties for the Plant Health Care Technician include the following:
- Perform integrated pest management on trees using soil injection, tree injection, and foliar spray tools.
- Perform tree plantings.
- Assist in maintaining the Nursery.
- Assist with tree removal and trimming crews on an as needed basis.
- Year-round opportunities are available with the addition of snow plowing.
Plant Health Care Technician Skills and Qualifications:
- Available May-November, with year-round opportunities possible.
- Possess a Commercial Pesticide Applicators License.
- 1-3+ years of experience.
- Ideal candidates will have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement.
- Degree in Horticulture, Plant Sciences, etc. preferred.
- Motivated to improve and grow as an individual, both personally and professionally.
- Must have strong leadership and communication skills, including the ability to lead by example.
- MN driver’s license with clean DMV record preferred.
- Class A license with Air-Brake endorsement or the ability to obtain one in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Willing to work 40-50 hours per week in adverse weather conditions and keep a flexible schedule.
- The ability to stay organized and review and complete necessary paperwork.
- Must be a team player, willing to hold themselves accountable, and be coachable.
Back to Job Listings