Consulting Arborist- Sales
Location: Brainerd, MN
Consulting Arborist: $20-36/hour based on experience.
Mike’s Tree Company, located in Brainerd Minnesota, has been providing the Brainerd Lakes Area with professional tree services and care since 1995, and we take great pride in our work ethic and image. Not only do we provide tree services, such as pruning and tree removal, we also take pride on being a leader in tree health care in the Brainerd Lakes area. It is our mission to educate people on proper tree care practices to ensure the life and vitality of area trees.
The Consulting Arborist is responsible for the growth and development of their territory. Key priorities include growing sales, business development, customer service and client retention, as well as developing relationships with employees.
Duties for the Consulting Arborist include the following:
- Responsible for a sales goal in an assigned territory or market.
- Provide estimates for all tree care services including tree pruning and removals, plant health care, and stump grinding.
- Generate accurate work orders and effectively communicate the scope of the work to the assigned crew leader.
- Responsible for quality control on the job site and assuring the customer’s satisfaction.
- Build company image by developing working relations with clients.
- Maintain and build relationships with employees.
- Assist with production as needed.
Consulting Arborist Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will have a degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Environmental Science, Biology and/or equivalent experience.
- ISA Certified Arborist or ability to obtain within 6-12 months of hire.
- 5+ years of previous field experience in tree and landscape maintenance.
- Previous supervisory experience and strong leadership skills including: the ability to motivate employees and keep company moral high; lead by example; possess a positive attitude; and the ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
- Must be able to work independently, be self-directed, and give clear direction to the crew leaders.
- Experience in problem-solving and seeking alternative solutions.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills, be proficient in computers, and manage time efficiently.
- Wages vary for Consulting Arborist: depending on skills, experience, and credentials.
- Holiday pay and paid time off.
- Simple IRA with company match.
- Health insurance
Back to Job Listings