CERTIFIED ARBORIST / CONSULTING UTILITY FORESTER
Location: San Luis Obispo, Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Napa, Marin, Clearlake, Santa Rosa, Mendocino, Humboldt, Redding, Red Bluff, Chico, Oroville, Placerville, Sacramento, Diamond Springs, Grass Valley, Jackson, Angels Camp, Stockton, Sonora, Mariposa, Oakhurst, Coarsegold, Fresno.
Atlas Field Services is scouting for Certified Arborists/Consulting Utility Foresters to join our team as full-time employees.
Who are we?
We’re dedicated to the growth of our employees. We truly believe in your development. For those who show initiative, we will do what it takes to get you where you want to go.
We’re growing but still maintain an entrepreneurial spirit. We give you room to be accountable and responsible in your role. We believe progression is bred through innovation and we encourage our employees to bring their ideas forward.
We’re safety focused. Safety is paramount in how we operate as we believe in providing excellence in our service to our vegetation management clients.
We’re transparent and respectful. We support each other and are transparent and honest in our communication. We believe that trust is the foundation to our success with clients and within our team.
Who You Are:
You’re energetic and enjoy working outdoors. You understand that this space can be demanding, and you make sure you have the tools and resources to get the job done. You have at least one year experience in the vegetation management and utility space.
We are looking to fill this role in the following areas: Redding, Chico, San Jose, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Oakland, San Francisco, and San Luis Obispo.
- Accurately identify dead and dying trees affected by drought and other environmental conditions
- Inspect overhead power lines for proper vegetation clearance
- Perform inspection and work verification on post pre-inspection and post tree-trimming work
- Document information for client’s vegetation management program
- Inspect and assess trees for hazard or danger potential
- Audit tree contractor's work for compliance with client specifications and needs
- Assist in storm and emergency situations and other miscellaneous line clearance projects
- Communicate daily with the client, contractors, landowners, and public
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes and maintains good public relations
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, or related field preferred
- ISA (International Society of Arboriculture) Certified Arborist Designation
- Certified Tree Safety Professional (CTSP) is a plus
- Experience in Forestry, Arboriculture, or Horticulture a plus
- Must possess tree identification skills and the ability to read maps
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving capabilities, the ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain
- Must be skilled with technology and possess basic computer and smart phone skills
- Capable to operate a 4x4 vehicle on rough roads
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus
Physical Demands, Conditions, Work Environment
The physical demands, conditions, work environment characteristics described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment:
- walk, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time;
- frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties;
- carry, push and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (5 to 10 lbs.);
- operate assigned equipment and vehicles;
- verbally communicate to exchange information with public;
- see and hear in normal range with or without correction;
- operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Safety is a top priority at Atlas Field Services. Successful candidates will be committed to their personal safety and to the safety of others. The role will require to have a general understanding and the ability to identify safety hazards and report any unsafe working conditions. The position requires to be an active participant in safety briefings and to deliver industry-specific safety messages to a broad audience when called upon.
- All candidates must possess a valid driver's license
What we offer:
Industry competitive compensation | Truck or all-terrain vehicle | Health, Dental & Vision | Life Insurance | 401K
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45/hr
AFS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this position is undergoing ongoing recruitment and therefore does not have a set closing date. Our talent acquisition team will review all resumes and will be in touch with you if you are a match to the role and if we have openings under the position at the time of your submission. Otherwise, your resume will be kept on file for further consideration contingent on recruitment needs for this role.
Atlas Field Services
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings