Urban Forestry Arborist II
Location: Longview, WA
Salary: $51,672.00 - $66,300.00 Annually
The second level of the Urban Forestry Series is responsible for performing specialized functions such as evaluating the condition of trees, make recommendations for the tree care, and provide the services needed such as pruning, fertilization, and insect and disease control and to perform related work as required.
The Urban Forest Arborist II would be distinguished from the Urban Forest Arborist Lead in that the position is responsible for performing complex duties requiring specialized knowledge in Arboriculture but does not organize or prioritize workload or review the work of other technicians. Positions in this class usually perform most of the duties required of the Urban Forest Arborist Lead and are expected to function and exercise more independent direction and judgment on matters related to work procedures and methods.
Additional information and an online application is available at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/longviewwa/jobs/2983875/urban-forestry-arborist-ii.
- Essential Job Duties
- Performs planting, transplanting, pruning, spray/inject plant and removes trees in parks, along city streets, or on other public property using various means including ladders, aerial lifts, rope and saddle, and from the ground.
- Performs cabling and bracing work on trees.
- Operates a variety of tools and equipment following instructions and safety standards to inspect and maintain plants. Equipment used may include aerial lift, chipper, chain saws, stump grinder, tree spade, tractors, and boom truck.
- Provides guidance to part time employee(s) regarding safety practices, methods of operating and setting up equipment, and properly pruning and removing techniques.
- Maintains an electronic database of records concerning tree management activities.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Back to Job Listings