Transmission Utility Forester
Location: Long Island, NY
We empower the best people to help sustain our world. 100% employee-owned. Independence guaranteed.
ACRT is currently seeking energetic experienced professionals who enjoy working outdoors. Our Transmission Utility Forester position is ideal for seasoned professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, conservation or related disciplines and with experience in these fields and line of work.
Our Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
- 2 year degree in forestry, horticulture, environmental science or closely related field OR in lieu of a degree, 2 years of experience in Utility Vegetation Management or other related field (Ex. general Right-of-Way management, Integrated Vegetation Management, nursery work or timber cutting, etc.)
- Ability to obtain Arborist/Utility ISA certification along with pesticide applicators license
- Ability to work independently in all weather conditions
- Experience in Transmission vegetation management on Long island Required
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred but not required
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Utility experience on Long Island required
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid driver's license required
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families:
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
- Boot Allowance Program
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Employees become owners and receive company stock after a waiting period
4500 Courthouse Boulevard, Suite 150
Back to Job Listings