Tree Crew Foreman/Climber
Location: Stamford, CT
Almstead Tree and Shrub Care is a second-generation, family-owned arboriculture firm that has been offering environmentally conscious services the NY, NJ, and CT tri-state area since 1964. We are a TCIA accredited company that values our employee’s professional aspirations, career development, safety and quality of life.
We are looking for passionate professionals who want to enhance their career in tree care! We offer generous compensation, year-round work, paid time off, health and retirement benefits, inclusive company culture and so much more! If you are ready to enjoy going to work every day, come grow with us!
Tree Crew Leaders serve a pivotal role leading tree care crews, with the responsibility of managing job site production, delegating to crew members, enforcing company safety policies, providing training and working alongside the crew in all jobsite functions.
Tree Foremen Responsibilities
- Direct crew in performance of work to be done; assign job specific tasks.
- Supervise workmanship to ensure the work meets job order specifications.
- Walk job site with consulting arborist and develop work plan.
- Ensure crew members wear personal protective equipment at all times, and that safety practices and measures are followed.
- Manage time, equipment and materials to ensure jobs are completed in an efficient manner.
- Direct the cleanup of job site and ensure all equipment and supplies are secured on the trucks.
- Communicate with client to ensure work meets their satisfaction
- Reorder materials and supplies needed for trucks and equipment.
- Adhere to company safety and training policies to maintain safe and controlled work environment at all times.
- Confirm that all maintenance checks and services on equipment are followed.
- Ensure that crews are properly trained and understand company safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in all job site safety briefings.
- Demonstrate and perform proper climbing techniques and procedures, pruning skills, application of approved knots and rigging techniques.
- Operate all equipment in a safe manner
Tree Foremen Requirements
- 5-7 years industry experience in residential tree care with the ability to train/direct crew members in all facets of tree care.
- Knowledge of native and introduced tree and shrub species and characteristics of each species.
- Knowledge of tree bio-mechanics and advanced rigging techniques
- Knowledge of proper pruning practices including large shade trees and ornamentals.
- Knowledge of chain saw safety and operation.
- Adept in tree climbing techniques & bucket truck operation.
- Knowledge of ANSI A300 and safety standards.
- Perform quality workmanship and quality control with customer care attitude.
- Valid Driver’s License, CDL license preferred.
Back to Job Listings