ISA Certified Arborist
Location: Chico, CA
ISA Certified Arborist
Professional Services · Chico, California
ISA Certified Arborist Positions
Welcome to Mountain G. Enterprises, Inc. (MGE) Professional Services, where opportunities abound! At MGE, our mission is to be an industry leader. Through the power of our integrated teams, MGE provides safe, innovative, and environmentally responsible solutions for today and tomorrow Whether we are responding to wildfires, working to improve public safety or inventorying massive amounts of tree data, MGE’s Arborist’s are leading the way!
Before we talk about the good stuff, like the industry’s best benefits package and hyper-competitive wages, you should prepare yourself for a company that is invested in you! From day one you’ll receive thorough and comprehensive training that will leave you feeling confident, oversight and guidance from managers committed to your success, and merit-based advancement opportunities.
Camp Fire Tree Management Project
Staff will be working within the area impacted by the Camp Fire in 2018, located in Butte County near the town of Paradise. The Camp Fire was the most destructive wildfire in California history. Following debris removal operations, the standing trees may pose a hazard during reconstruction of the area. The goal of this project is to determine where the hazards are and manage the removal process to protect community stakeholders during rebuilding. As a TRAQ qualified Arborist, you will be responsible for conducting up to level 3 risk assessments on vegetation that could impact public ROWs. Work will be performed in all terrain and weather, according to a specified scope of work. Using your education, professional experience, and company provided training, you will accurately identify vegetation and assess for growth, health, and compliance standards. To accomplish these tasks, you will utilize GIS maps, rangefinders, Trimble units, planning software on tablets and more. Extensive drive times are often required and you may be called upon for overtime and emergency response work.
MGE's corporate headquarters is in Folsom, CA. MGE has endeavored to secure opportunities statewide and will continue to do so. Our goal for every employee is to be able to work near their home. This particular project will be based out of MGE’s Chico, CA field office. Given the nature of the work and contractual requirements, commute time to the assigned work locations will not be compensated.
- Project Duration: 12 Months
- Compensation: $24-$26 per hour (CA overtime laws apply)
- Lodging: Provided 7 Days a Week for the duration of the project (2 Bedroom Apartments shared by 2 team members only). https://postonnord.com/
- Per Diem: $20 per day worked (minimum 6 hrs. worked)
- Work Schedule: 5x10 or 6x10 (10-20 hrs. Overtime per week)
- ISA Arborist Certification
- ISA TRAQ Certification within first 90 days of employment
- Valid Driver License and Clean driving record
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Ability to learn tree species and growth rates
- Ability to read and follow maps
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent attention to data requirements and technical detail
- Proficiency with electronic devices and systems, such as mobile devices, GIS programs, MS Excel/Word
- Ability to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Willingness to travel during the week.
- Competitive wages & excellent benefits
- Ongoing training and credentialing
- Access to industry related training materials
- Premium Health Coverage for Employee and Dependents
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Pay
To view the full description and/or apply, please visit https://mgeinc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=45
1180 Iron Point Rd, Ste 320
Folsom, California 95630
Back to Job Listings