Associate Forestry Specialist 2
Location: Raleigh, NC
Please apply on our website at: https://acrt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/ACRT_Careers/job/Raleigh-NC/Associate-Forestry-Specialist-2_R299
ACRT is currently seeking energetic entry level to industry experienced candidates who enjoy working outdoors. Our target is to identify candidates to work on utility systems as vegetation management arborists. Our field positions are ideal for professional minded individuals with an educational background in forestry, natural resource, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, or related disciplines and with exposure in these fields or line of work. The position is great for learning the utility industry and working to develop the necessary skills for a successful career.
Our Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers. This position would require customer interaction, educating and working with utility consumers, working with line clearance contractors and utility personnel.
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 0-2 years of Utility Vegetation Management experience
- Herbicide applicator's license preferred
- Ability to work independently in all weather conditions
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid driver's license
ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
- Boot Allowance Program
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule - ACRT is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s your company!
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
Back to Job Listings