Field Arborist Crew Member
Location: Tulsa, OK
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
Who Is Up With Trees:
We are a Tulsa-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to beautify greater Tulsa by planting trees and create urban forestry awareness through education. Over 43 years, we have planted more than 32,000 trees along streets, parks and trails, schools, and neighborhoods. We currently maintain 20,000+ trees throughout greater Tulsa and educate approx. 3,700 people per year on the importance of our growing urban forest.
Who are we really:
Every day, we work to grow a thriving and colorful urban forest across Tulsa County. This work takes persistence, grit, and enduring positivity. Although the work is challenging, the benefit of the work we do is consistently apparent. Trees clean the environment, unify neighbors, and feed communities. The Up With Trees team is made of people who are driven, service-oriented, fun, passionate, and dependable. We strive to always be progressing as individuals and team members, to create the largest impact possible in partnership with our fellow community members.
Are you our newest team member?
Up With Trees needs an Operations Crew Member that thrives when collaborating on a team and enjoys challenging work outdoors. This individual is self-motivated, excited to learn the trade of arboriculture, and is invested in the success of their peers. Our team members are passionate, hard-working individuals that take pride in every service we provide. From October through March, our Operations Crew is primarily planting trees; and, from April through September they are maintaining trees. With year round work outdoors, both planting and maintaining may be in unforgiving weather conditions - but, hey, this is Oklahoma! Each day can present new challenges as we operate across more than 800 sites in the greater Tulsa area. We persist in this work so that we can return to these once barren patches of landscape in a year/5 years/30 years, and tangibly see the impact these trees have on our community. Our crew members invest their time, sweat, and energy into every patch of land we touch and community we serve. Not only are our crew members incredibly tenacious and hard working, but we train our crew members to be knowledgeable leaders in this industry and experts in our trade. Up With Trees is proud to guide each Operations Crew member in their journey to achieving or maintaining an ISA arborist certification.
The people of Up With Trees (be it staff, volunteers, or donors) help make Tulsa a healthier and more beautiful community. When you join our team, it’s because you share an unrelenting desire to improve the lives in this community: those that you plant trees beside, sit across a desk from, or may never meet.
This is a full-time position. May require some nights and weekend work.
This position works Tuesday - Saturday, 6:45am - 2:45pm
Reports to: Operations Manager
Operations Crew Member Responsibilities:
- Plants trees following Up With Trees’ proven process and high standard
- Maintain trees by precisely mowing around berms, weed-eating and chemical spraying, structural and corrective pruning, general site cleanup, and more
- Welcome, guide, and serve all volunteers, sponsors, and peers
- Operates and maintains heavy machinery and equipment such as a stump grinder, Skid Steer, Chip truck, Trucks with standard transmission, Chainsaw, Mowers, and more
- Organize, maintain, and clean equipment and workshop facility
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork is turned in during the absence of the Operations Manager
- Secondary Responsibility for Chemical Spraying /Right of Way maintenance
- Adhere to all safety protocols including maintaining and wearing all personal protective equipment
- Participate in community events on behalf of Up With Trees
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager and Director of Operations
- ISA Certified Arborist Preferred
- Oklahoma Certified Applicator License Preferred
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people with varying backgrounds, interests, and opinions to build effective teams in a nonprofit environment
- Position also requires a high level of energy, motivation, creativity, persistence and a positive attitude
- Consistently safety-minded and prepared as documented in Up With Trees’ safety procedures
- Must be punctual and reliable
Must pass a pre-employment drug screening
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
Back to Job Listings