Water-By-Bike Tree Ambassador Interns (Summer Positions), City of Cambridge Department of Public Works (A547)
Location: Cambridge, MA
The City of Cambridge DPW is seeking qualified applicants to:
- Inspect, water, and maintain selected young trees throughout the City.
- Ride a bike with trailer attached loaded with equipment and connect equipment to fire hydrants in order to water trees and fill ‘Gator Bags’ with water. Weed existing tree wells.
- Record watering progress with mapping program on tablet.
- Interact with residents and businesses and promote urban tree care and benefits.
- Responsibly represent the Cambridge Department of Public Works – Parks and Forestry Division.
- Perform related tasks as needed.
Minimum Requirements: A demonstrated interest in environmental stewardship and appreciation for trees in urban settings. Background or interest in urban forestry, horticulture, environmental studies, landscape architecture, or urban planning. Undergraduate coursework in Horticulture, Forestry or Environmental Studies or related field is preferred. Ability to work independently. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Must be comfortable riding a bicycle in an urban environment.
Moderate physical activity including lifting, bending, squatting, stretching, pushing, dragging, reaching, and pulling. Exposure to all weather conditions. Work outside for extended periods of time. Ride a bike for several miles a day. Pre-employment Physical Examination may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
$16.63/hour, 30 hours/week; 10-12 weeks, typically May through August. (10 Summer Positions)
Submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 03/31/20. Position will remain open until filled. We are an AA/EEO Employer.
Back to Job Listings