Mountain/Forestry Tree Felling Foreman
Location: Salida, CO
Salary: $20 - $30/hr
Passionate about the mountains and about tree work?
**We Work And Live In Salida, Colorado!!**
Arguably the best Colorado mountain town. Beautifully nestled between the Sangre de Cristo and Sawatch Mountain ranges, Salida has a historic downtown and is driven by artistic minds and outdoor enthusiasts.
Our employees work and play in the heart of Colorado. Whitewater raft through Browns Canyon National Monument or fish miles of gold-medal rivers. Hike the highest concentration of 14,000 ft peaks then soak in the multiple natural hot springs in the area.
Live music. Art galleries. Performing Arts. Film screenings. Pride parade. Even a local circus. Salida’s cultural calendar is delightfully full. The live music scene is abundant with state-of-the-art venues and beautiful festival outdoor spaces. Downtown creative arts district and dozens of hip restaurants. It is a way of life here in Salida.
Our tree folks love the endless miles of singletrack mountain biking and the slow winter months as we are right in the heart of Colorado ski country. Kayak festivals and bike festivals and ski resorts cater to the adrenaline of us outdoor junkies (why else would we be working in the tree industry!)
Living in Salida is only part of the joys of working with Central Colorado’s most reputable arborcare and forestry company. Terra Firma Forestry is a small business with all the reputation. We are not ‘corporate’ so we don’t have to deal with the inefficiencies and politics of a large company. We are small and local. We love our clients and we love our trees!
- Proficiency in felling any tree in Central Colorado with proper directional felling techniques, pruning and saw cuts
- Maintain Forestry shop, chip truck/chipper, chainsaws and other tools
- Ensure work is completed to owner/client's satisfaction
- Professionalism in making client contacts and knowledge in tree care/forest care education for clients and/or other employees
- Work professionally with other crew leaders in the company, with the owner, with the clients, and with your crew
- Professional sawyer and chainsaw skills
- Mechanical skills
- Arborcare, forestry and tree knowledge
- Ability to drive trucks and chippers in off-road environments
- Ability to emotionally and professionally communicate needs and desires
- Ability to train and connect with your crew
- Stability in personal and business life with strong emotional intelligence
- Apply respect and fairness to all crew members to build strong teamwork
Back to Job Listings