Arborist Crew Leader- Forestry
Location: Aurora, CO
Salary: $21.06 - $29.42
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This position serves as lead worker over an assigned crew of maintenance workers engaged in skilled tree maintenance programs.
- Plans and/or assigns work operations
- Maintains records and reports and equipment
- Trains assigned personnel
- Plants and cares for plant material
- Operates machinery needed in the maintenance of trees including aerial lift operation
- Climbs trees to perform maintenance work using industry accepted rope and saddle techniques
- Follows preservation guidelines and practices protective procedures on trees
- Maintains equipment and landscape systems
- Runs tests, troubleshoots, coordinates contractor and volunteer service work
- Assists with public relations projects, and helps resolve citizen complaints
- May perform and/or direct snow removal activities and 24 hour emergency storm response activities
- May also be required to operate heavy equipment
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: High School Diploma or GED. College-level coursework in horticulture or arboricultural and/or industry certification is preferred.
Experience: At least 4 years progressively responsible experience related to urban forestry, including at least 1 year supervisory or lead worker experience.
Must have tree climbing skills with a rope and saddle.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge: Knowledge of methods and processes to nurture and maintain trees. Knowledge of hazards and safety practices common to tree preservation program.
Abilities: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and citizens; handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy; ability to organize, coordinate, and direct the work of others; ability to work in unpleasant and sometimes hazardous conditions.
Skills: Skill in monitoring the work of assigned personnel.
Licenses, Certificates, or Equipment Required:
- Ability to obtain Class A Colorado Commercial Driver's License with tanker certification within 60 days of hire.
- Required to have completed or begin defensive driving and rigging courses and CPR and First Aid certification within six months of hire.
- Must obtain ISA Certified Arborist certification within 6 months.
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
*This posting will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained; however, it is subject to close at any time without prior notice.**
For Veteran's points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E. Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
- General Foreman
Back to Job Listings