Tree Care Specialist - Private Estate
Location: Winnabow, NC
A unique opportunity to join a dedicated team of professionals in the continued development and maintenance of a private, historic property located near Wilmington, NC.
We are looking for an experienced Tree Care Specialist to oversee the health and maintenance for the trees, shrubs and plants located on the historic property. This position would involve the monitoring, evaluating, spraying and pruning of approximately 50 acres of numerous varieties of trees, shrubs and plants native to the North Carolina region.
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Landscape Management or related field OR prior experience in the tree industry.
- Knowledge of specific insect and disease issues related to the species of trees, shrubs and plants for this region.
- Ability to perform physical labor in all weather conditions.
- Commercial Pesticide Applicators License for NC.
- Valid drivers's license.
- Performing all functions of tree care including scheduling, inspecting, sampling, and record keeping.
- Monitor, diagnose and properly treat the insect or disease related issues on the trees, shrubs or plants.
- Ability to calibrate and maintain spray rig.
- Work as a member of the grounds/garden crew under the Grounds Manager's supervision.
- Responsible for performing other duties assigned by the Grounds Manager.
Competitive compensation, medical and dental, 401K, bonus, paid vacation, sick leave and personal days. Continuing education and development, uniforms and boots provided. 40 hour work week Monday - Friday (9 hour days with Friday's only 4 hours).
Back to Job Listings