Location: New York
Salary: $30 per hour
LOOKING TO FILL JOBS IN STATEN ISLAND, BROOKLYN, QUEENS AND MANHATTAN
Certified Arborist needed to monitor work activity around trees on heavy construction projects within the 5 boroughs of NYC
(Salary based on experience)
- Arborist Certification from the International Society of Arborists. (Required)
- Flexible work schedule and willingness to travel.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word and Excel
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work Independently.
- Be on site during all work to direct and monitor the course of construction as it relates to definite, probable, and possible tree impacts.
- Monitor excavation and trench work under the dripline or within 50 feet of city trees for watermain, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, curb, sidewalk, pedestrian ramp projects and many more
- Implement mitigation techniques when working around a trees root system
- Have contractors erect temporary tree guards around all trees in project area prior to work activity
- Make sure the contractor takes extreme care to protect the root systems of the existing trees.
- Keep the trees critical root zone free from all construction materials
- Act as the liaison between DPR and the contractor
- Manage and supervise sub-contractors.
- Assist clients in acquiring permits necessary under city ordinance and/or code enforcement.
- Consult clients in the education of proper pruning procedures and all matters pertaining to tree care.
- Supervise tree care workers on multiple job sites daily to ensure compliance with ISA standards.
- Provide clients, field office personnel and Department of Parks with Daily Arborist Reports
- Inspect work performed in the field to assure standard operating procedures are followed and performance standards are met.
- Review site plans and make recommendations on trees, preservation and mitigation techniques when it comes to installing catch basins, pedestrian ramps, roads, pipe-lines and etc.
- Perform periodic inspections and prepare reports and recommendations concerning conditions and needs of trees.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Back to Job Listings